Glowing skin has never been hotter than right now! It's Summer and if you live in California, Florida or Puerto Rico you know that natural makeup is the way to go.
Celebrities like Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Lopez and Rihanna are all glow evangelists... Inspiring an array of face contouring and highlighting videos on Youtube and thousands of women trying out the technique worldwide.
Makeup is a great option, but not a long term solution... These five tips will get you started on your journey to natural glowing skin:
1. Use the right products for your skin & stick with it: Everyone is different and the variety of products on the market is huge. For example, if you have sensitive and oily skin that's prone to acne, finding the right product can be a daunting task. Your esthetician can recommend the right products and routine for your skin type, including how many times to exfoliate and specific ingredients to look for when purchasing products. This step will save you precious time and money.
2. Exercise: Regular exercise increases blood flow and helps get rid of toxins in your body through sweat and bowel movement regulation. It also helps keep stress levels down and promotes the production of dopamine in the brain. This means less toxins, a positive mood, healthier skin & an overall glowing complexion.
3. Eat your greens: Kale, spinach, green apples, and cucumbers are all great options when looking to infuse your diet with a spark of antioxidants. Whether you mix them into your salads, or throw some into your mango coconut smoothie... Green veggies along with exercise will help your body detox-making you glow from the inside out.
4. Cut back on sugar, oil & dairy: We all know fried foods, refined sugar and soda is bad for our skin... Yet some people are surprised to know that dairy is also a major acne culprit. Many people are unknowingly allergic to milk and other dairy products, since they contain hormones and other additives... Even whey protein falls into this category. Popular substitutes include almond, rice and coconut milk.
5. Visit your esthetician regularly: Think of your esthetician as your skin's BFF. If you are new to treatments such as Microneedling and Dermaplaning, a qualified esthetician can walk you through the procedure and make a personalized evaluation based on your needs and budget. Your skin will thank you for it!